[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi all - Carers UK Forum

Hi all

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, another newbie here. My name is Max, and my situation is that I have recently moved in with my mother, who is nearly 80 and in deteriorating health, suffering from Parkinson's disease and heart problems, and who now can't manage alone. I'm in full-time work, although I see this changing, and I am guessing that I may well soon be looking at claiming Carers Allowance and maybe working part-time. I'm pretty ignorant about benefits, or about what community services may be available, and am using this place as a first base I guess. Anyway, best wishes to all here.
Hi Max and welcome to the forum. Plenty of advice and support to be found on here.

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Financialhelp

You can always ring the Carers UK helpline. Carers UK produces a range of information about benefits and our CarersLine is able to carry out a benefits check over the phone. 0808 808 7777 (Wednesdays and Thursdays only, 10am-noon, 2pm-4pm).

Ask away if you have any questions, there's usually someone who can answer them or point you in the right direction.

Karen
Welcome aboard Max.
Hello and welcome to the forum Image
Hi Max and welcome Image
Hi there Max.

I had to give up my fulltime job to look after my Mum who has sever heart disease as well as other issues.

I had no idea what was involved in getting carers allowance etc. but have found that there is plenty of advice around and I am now getting my carers allowance.

Hope all goes well for you.
Hello Max, welcome to the Forum.. I'm sure that you will get good advice when you visit here Image
Thanks for your kind responses Image
Hello and welcome Image