[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi - Carers UK Forum

Hi

Tell us a bit about yourself here.

Hi

Hi,

I care for S, he is my ex-foster son, is now 19 and has autism, learning difficulties, health issues and related anxiety and can display challenging behaviour.

I am a single carer and we have very much exhausted our family/friends support network and so are very much "on our own."

I also work, but a few years ago I cut my hours as I was struggling, so that I could have a bit of respite one day a week whilst S was at school. Increasingly that precious time is taken up with sorting out various things for S.

Oh yes, and we are based in the West Midlands.

Melly1
Welcome aboard Melly1. I am sure others will be along to add their greetings too.

You are among 'faceless' friends, ones that will understand so much and also some will relate to your circumstances.

If you have any questions please ask, usually someone around that will try help. If we dont know the answers we can hopefully point you in the direction of someone that does.
Thank you, Rosemary.

Melly1
And a warm welcome from me too!!!
Hi Melly and welcome Image
Hi Melly1,

Welcome to the Forum Image

I'm a very proud mother of two daughters on the Autistic Spectrum - Eldest, moderate autism, Youngest, Asperger's Syndrome. My Youngest Daughter has also been referred for a dx. of Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sezzie.
hello and welcome
Thank you Sprinter, Mrytle, Audrey and Worriedjohn, for your warm welcomes.

Hi Sezzie, seems we both live with the challenges ASD can bring.

Melly1
Thank you Sprinter, Mrytle, Audrey and Worriedjohn, for your warm welcomes.

Hi Sezzie, seems we both live with the challenges ASD can bring.

Melly1
Hi Melly,

There is always something to sort out, isn't there?

Youngest Daughter is suspected to have PDA - which I am learning very fast is a totally different kettle of fish. I love her so much it hurts but I'd say a rollercoaster ride without a safety harness is a lot more predictable in terms of outcome sometimes, lol!

We don't have much help either really - OH and I lead very isolated lives. We're trying to change all that now though. Learning to ask for help a bit more too.

Try not to lose too much of your respite time Melly. It is very easy to eat up all that time but try to keep a few minutes aside for you.

How are you today?

Sezzie.
Hi Melly,
my eldest daughter has learning disability, aspergers and i have found out...as she gets older we seem to be juggling more mainly work(which is very supportive Image) and support during the day, now all sorted, over the years she's become more relient on us and showing no signs of independance/ does not wish to be independant, some days her anxiety levels are sky high. there will be changes happening in the next month as her review is due, im dredding it as i think i will be asking for another drop in hours at work if her day services are cut.....well we wait and see.....but whatever happens she knows she has the support from her family, no doubt we will sort somthing out .......by the way.......hello and welcome and i think i know where your comming from ...a little Image !!!