[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hey to everyone :) - Carers UK Forum

Hey to everyone :)

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Helllo everyone im a lil nervous right now ,im 28 years old in a few weeks and i have 3 brothers who me mum and dad care for ,they have touretts synadrome , borderline schizophrenia ,adhd, ocd , sad, border line autisum , learning disorders ,anger disorders ,stress related blackouts ,ashma .
Hi Rainbow (nice name Image ) welcome aboard.
No need to be nervous, we're a nice crowd and we were all new once. I'm 25, caring for my wife.
Feel free to have a look around and just jump in whenever you want. If you have any questions, just ask.
Hello and welcome Image

Robert
Hello and welcome.Hope you find this useful and fun. Image Image Image
Hi Rainbow and welcome Image
Hi Rainbow,
That really is a long list of conditions to manage! I can meet you on some of them. I have four (teenaged/adult) children. One son has OCD and high-functioning autism, recently diagnosed, my older daughter has poorly-controlled epilepsy and probable autism, and also asthma, though the asthma is not a problem. My older son has several signs of autism, though would be very high functioning, and he also has asthma, though again not severe. He is at uni. That just leaves the yougest daughter, who does not have any of the other problems but has had quite a severe depression. You haven't asked for advice as such, but I am wondering whether I can ask you about your experience of growing up with brothers who need so much care, because I think I frequently get it wrong for my daughter, who is also the twin of my son with OCD and autism. I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but if you do, just say. Meanwhile, I hope you can find support and help on the forum
Hi Rainbow,
Yes love the name, a warm welcome to the forum, nice to have you with
us.
Take care
Minnie Image
Heyyyy first i wanna say im soo sorry for not been on here in a few days ,im soo sorry i havent responded to anyones hello , ive been up at the hospital having tests for bone cancer , lucky doc said its probly not and they trying to figure out what it is ,and tonight my brothers are really stressed out over it .sooo im soo sorry for not been around but tomorrow i will say a huge helllo and thankyou to you all Image .

Hi Rainbow,
That really is a long list of conditions to manage! I can meet you on some of them. I have four (teenaged/adult) children. One son has OCD and high-functioning autism, recently diagnosed, my older daughter has poorly-controlled epilepsy and probable autism, and also asthma, though the asthma is not a problem. My older son has several signs of autism, though would be very high functioning, and he also has asthma, though again not severe. He is at uni. That just leaves the yougest daughter, who does not have any of the other problems but has had quite a severe depression. You haven't asked for advice as such, but I am wondering whether I can ask you about your experience of growing up with brothers who need so much care, because I think I frequently get it wrong for my daughter, who is also the twin of my son with OCD and autism. I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but if you do, just say. Meanwhile, I hope you can find support and help on the forum
Hello wow you sound like youve got your hands full there aswell , of course i dont mind at all ,Its been very challanging and when one of my brothers was unstable when he was younger bad things happened to me ,but he doesnt remeber them so i never bring them up cause he would end his life , yeah they can get suicidal aswell , tomorrow i will either pm you or write about how ive dealt with things and what theyve been like and whatever you wanna know Image sorry i didnt get back to you sooner . my brothers are 29 , 27, 25 ,none of them can work at all .Im 28 in a few weeks and im the only girl in a family of 4 brothers ,my 4 h brother the youngest has had problems in the past but hes okay now . Will talk to you all tomorrow and thankyou so much for the warm welcomes Image
Hiya Rainbow and a warm welcome to the forum.

Karen
Hi Rainbow
I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing that additional worry as well, you must have been having such a stressful time of it! And I am really glad that it does not sound as bad as feared - I hope the docs can sort out what it is soon. I am looking forward to hearing more from you, but honestly please don't worry about it, just pop into the forum when you can. It does sound as though your situation is more 'full on' than mine, and I hope that it all calms down a bit for you soon!