[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hey everyone :) newbie here - Carers UK Forum

Hey everyone :) newbie here

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I'm Emma from Newcastle, I have 3 lovely kids, 1 of my children has cerebral palsy , he is nearly 12.
Just looking to meet new people :)
Hi Emma,
Welcome,I am sure you will get lots of support and friendship here.
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum. I have a 35 year old son who was brain damaged at birth, he's strong and fit as a flea, but can't do any maths at all, can't read and write. Other parts of his brain are entirely unaffected. I hope you've managed to negotiate the benefits maze to get all the benefits you are entitled to, and you have been told about the Family Fund. Money won't make anyone better, but it can certainly make life easier if you can invest in a few labour saving gadgets etc.
Hi Emma and welcome, I care for S who is now 23.

Does your son go to mainstream or special school? Is he able to walk? He is getting to the age now where it is getting bigger and more physically difficult to care for.

melly1
Hi Emma and welcome.
I care for my 18 year old son who has ME, he has painful scoliosis (curved spine), TMJD (causing jaw/face and head pain) and suffers with depression and anxiety.
Its challenging at times, but we have a great relationship and we manage to support and help each other along.
I hope you enjoy using this site and find it supportive, as I do.
Best wishes :) xxx