New member having a bad day

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi. My name is Rosie. I am new to the forums and look after my husband . Originally diagnosed with cancer which he is clear of now, he has had a lot of health problems since and now is being assessed for working age dementia. I come here today after having a bad day. I have been notified my electricity bill is being increased by £94 pounds a month. Probably due to extra washing and drying with his incontinence. And now my central heating has decided today is a good day to become temperamental and the boiler keeps switching itself off. hubby would have had all the answers in the past but now its down to me.
Hi Rosie, sorry to hear you are having a hard time, try contacting your gas and electric company, they have have schemes for disabled households and carers, some one will be along soon with all the correct info, welcome to the forum, they are a great friendly bunch on here.
Hi Rosie Image Great to have you with us.

Electricity bills are a nightmare for folk these days and your machine must be working overtime. No, I dont have any great ideas, but do as Paul suggests for now. The first thing to do when you are struggling with bills is to communicate with the people concerned. Am sure they will try to help somehow.

Yes it must be tough having to do so much stuff by yourself now. Good thing us carers have broad shoulders and thick skins, I reckon !

Take care,

Robert
Thanks to you both I do usually cope and just needed to have a bit of a grumble. I will get in touch with the electric company tomorrow. Its nice to chat to someone sometimes.
Hiya Rosie and a warm welcome to the forum. Always someone here to listen, grumbles are defintely allowed.

Karen x x
Thanks to you both I do usually cope and just needed to have a bit of a grumble. I will get in touch with the electric company tomorrow. Its nice to chat to someone sometimes.
Hi again Rosie, try the carer to carer forum, roll call thread, lots of chat, and a very good way to get to know people. Image
Thanks again I will come back tomorrow. Hubby gets agitated at 10 he knows its tablet and bedtime.
Hi Rosie,
Welcome to the forum, its very hard when you have to make all the important
decisions, hope you get help here talking to us lot.
Minnie Image
Hi Rosie,
Sorry to hear about your husband's declining health. It might be worth asking Carers UK for a benefit check, just to make sure that you are getting all the help which you are entitled to.