[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello there - Carers UK Forum

Hello there

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Afternoon thought I would jut get the obligatory " helloâ€Â
Hello lowrider, good to meet you.

Just in time for Christmas.

I love bikes as does my hubby.

I hope you soon settle in here.
Hi Lowrider,

Welcome to the forum.You will find a friendly bunch of people here and as well as supporting each other we all like to have a laugh too.

Can I ask which rigs you were on.My hubby at the Brae field off Aberdeen.He's a scaffolder,what trade were you?

Rosemary
Hi all.
rosemary
I mainly worked on the rigs and ships on construction.
Only time i went offshore was with the Elgin Franklin.
I was a pressure tester but also did other jobs.
Camera work,chemical cleaning,oil flushing mainly as a "gaffer".
As to scaffs,they are all mad. Image
No way would you get me clambering around at height putting scaff up. Image
Plus of course there hobby,sticking bits to people hard hats without them knowing as they walk under scaff they are on.
So they walk around with balloons,slices of bread and all sorts stuck on.
Been caught a few times with that one. Image
Hi lowrider
Welcome on board. My Brother used to have a bike when I was younger - a Royal India Enfield I think. I used to think I was gorgeous on the back of that noisy thing! I'm more interested in the fact that you are a medium. I went to my first medium 18 years ago and she honestly saved my life. Fascinating.
Bluebird Image
Thanks for that Lowrider,

Hubby worked at home 1st constructing the rigs.However, as all the yards on the river Tyne closed down he had to look further afield for work,there was nothing local.He has actually only worked away from home for 5 yrs now so we were lucky.He does 2 weeks on, 3 at home now and its great,although how he quite puts up with me I honestly dont know Image
As to scaffs,they are all mad
I have to agree with you there Image
Hi Lowrider nice to meet you and welcome to the forums.Merry Christmas to you and yours Image
hello lowrider

great name Image

welcome to the forum Image

krys
Hi and welcome to the forum lowrider Image

Cheryl x
Hubby worked at home 1st constructing the rigs.However, as all the yards on the river Tyne closed down he had to look further afield for work,there was nothing local.
I know what you mean.
Same here spent many hours in Swans and Amecs yards.
As well as ones on the other side of the river.
All gone. Image
Last job i was on was at Nigg,the Elgin.
Last yard paying Blue book Rates now left desolate as it is cheaper to build rigs in Korea. Image
I'm more interested in the fact that you are a medium. I went to my first medium 18 years ago and she honestly saved my life. Fascinating.
To be honest till about 10 years ago i was a complete and utter sceptic.
Then i started looking at things,researching etc and started to try some stuff on my own.
Before visiting some local churches and then being invited into a development class.
I am still a sceptic though. Image
Always wanting more proof and ready to argue for logic reasoning first before i look at paranormal reasons.
I used to drive my teacher nuts in development with "Why"