[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello NEWBIE here - Carers UK Forum

Hello NEWBIE here

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello there,just joined and I thought I'd say hello I'm 64 and 3 quarters :woohoo: and have been looking after my wife for the last 10 years due to the many conditions she has, (although she has been on DLA for 20 years her conditions have deteriated as such iv'e had to leave work to look after her)she is on DLA middle and high rate and will soon to be asked to apply to transfer to PIP and have a medical.
Anyway iv'e a few questions to ask,but before I do i'm going to have a good look around the forums.
Steve
And also I will be losing my carers allowance in November when my old age pension kicks in.But will still be caring for the missus tho.
Hello MDB and welcome to the forum
Do have a look round as I'm sure you'll find us a friendly and supportive bunch, then ask away.
Elaine
I'm also 64, but already miss out on CA as I'm female!! Has your wife had a recent Needs Assessment from Social Services? When did they last update your Carers Assessment? I've been a carer for 37 years, as I get older and have health issues of my own, I find I tire much more easily. Be sure to ask for help if you need it.
Hi and welcome to the forum MDB! Hope you will find friendships and all the information/advice you need :D

Best wishes , Sue
Thanks every one for the welcome,
Yes I have been assessed,as I too have a few health problems.
Steve
You're welcome Steve and ok, great. Best wishes :)