Hello Im a newbie member

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everybody, I am glad to be a member of this forum. Im looking forward to getting to know this community!
Hi Harry and welcome to CUK. What brings you here? We are a very mixed bunch caring for all ages , you are bound to find people in similar circumstances.
Hi Harry, welcome to the forum.
Who do you care for? Age? Disaility?
What do you struggle with most? (The majority of carers find us when there is an unresolved problem)
Hi I'm a newbie as well although joined 2016 never really been on I will now make more effort
Hi Patricia, welcome back!
Thank you, I originally joined I think as my mother had gone in a home and I was caring full time for my husband, still caring full time for OH and will keep doing. I have fought for a wetroom for him and a bannister up the stairs but it is such hard work. Oh and mother died March there thought things would have got easier...like H***
Sorry to hear that things are so hard Patricia.

As we too are getting older, our own resilience and energy diminishes.

So we can deal with one mountain reasonably well, but each new one gets harder and harder. That's how it was for me anyhow.

Has your husband had a recent Social Services Needs Assessment, and you, a Carers Assessment?
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm
Sorry to hear that things are so hard Patricia.

As we too are getting older, our own resilience and energy diminishes.

So we can deal with one mountain reasonably well, but each new one gets harder and harder. That's how it was for me anyhow.

Has your husband had a recent Social Services Needs Assessment, and you, a Carers Assessment?
No on either accounts. I did get a call last year asking if everything was OK...I replied no, my roof was leaking, OH needed a wetroom, ...ok was the answer.
I refuse to have any assessment which involves me filling in a form or a telephone conversation. INSIST that they do a personal visit!
They have a legal duty to assess someone properly first, and then, and only then, decide what is needed, who should pay, etc. etc. You should both be given a WRITTEN COPY of the assessment too.
Care needs assessments ?

One of the better bibles out there ... Age UK :

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-ad ... ssessment/

Full sp and very handy to have when dealing with any LA.