[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello , I am John from Kent looking for real friends - Carers UK Forum

Hello , I am John from Kent looking for real friends

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I have just joined to find others who do not just walk the talk but walk the walk and looking for real friendship. I share , weep,laugh and be human again.Honestly and free time for telephone calls and free day relaxing is what i need , but i need company.
Hello John and welcome to the forum :)

Would you like to tell us a little more about your caring situation ?
I cared for my Mum until she passed away in March 2012, she had Alzheimer's and I cared for her full time until she moved into a care home just six months before she died. I'm now a Moderator on the this forum because I wanted to give something back to all those who helped me through some very difficult times.

We're a mixed, friendly bunch and between us cover caring for the very young through to the very old - all with a variety of disabilities and challenges. Most of us have been there, done that and often got more than one t-shirt to prove it ! So between us we can offer advice and suggestions from out own experience, but most of all we offer support.
Hi John

It is hard for others not in this situation to understand isn't it? I have found the forum completely invaluable in letting off steam and getting advice. My situation is that I care for my Mum who has just been diagnosed with dementia and my dad, who has Huntington's Disease, is currently in hospital whilst awaiting a nursing home place. I am not a full time carer, but I also have 2 small children. Are there any carers groups in your area where you could meet some friends? It is amazing what is out there when you start to look.