[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello from Andy, caring for 89 year old Father - Carers UK Forum

Hello from Andy, caring for 89 year old Father

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everyone, I joined recently and look after my 89 year old Dad who suffers from, amongst other things, heart failure, Atrial Fibrillation and arthritis. The hospital visits seem to be getting more frequent, a recent one was for a collapse due to dehydration and renal failure. I believe this was caused by diuretics, which the hospital stopped altogether. He now just takes his anti-coagulant drug. I am concerned that this will cause other problems though.
I work in the local pub and have just cut my hours so as to spend more time with him, and give me more time
to get the jobs done and not have so many late nights. I may claim carers allowance unless this will affect Dad's
attendance allowance?
We moved to a mobile home some years ago.
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Plenty of support and advice to be found on here as well as loads of friendly people.
I was carer for my Nan and I chose not to claim carers allowance as she would have ended up losing more money from her pension/attendence allowance than carers allowance that is paid.

Karen
I guess one advantage of living in a mobile home is that you can duck and dive the "Postcode Lottery" by moving where the services are best. Or is it that easy?
Hi Karen and thanks for the reply, and the info on carers allowance. I am sure I will find the forum interesting and useful. Bye for now.
Hi Excalibur, It is a park home, technically "mobile" but I'm afraid I have to pay all the usual bills.
Cheers
Hi Excalibur, It is a park home, technically "mobile" but I'm afraid I have to pay all the usual bills.
Cheers
And there was me thinking you lived in a charming wee gipsy caravan pulled by a donkey down the rural rides? Oh well ... Image
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Image
Hi Andy and welcome Image
Hello and welcome Image
Welcome to the Forum, Andy...hope you find it useful and enjoy visiting us here Image