[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello from a newbie :) - Carers UK Forum

Hello from a newbie :)

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Just a note to introduce myself,

I'm a carer to my husband who has stage IV NSCLC which is terminal, finding life a little difficult right now as my husband is going through second line chemotherapy. This is the last treatment of any sort that he can have, after that all is in the lap of the gods.
I am lucky enough to have a good support system around me as regards family.
My mother has early stage dementia, diabetes and heart failure...so feeling a little stressed right now. Image
Hello and welcome, always someone around to offer support, friendship and advice
Hi Nana Cats

I'm new here aswell, finding this forum great help.

x
Hi Bluebird and cat35,
thanks for the reply, lovely to know there are people put there with similar problems. It can get very lonely sometimes.
Hope to get to know people and have extra support and maybe a few laughs Image A sense of humour is a must, it carries you through the hard times.
Hope to get to know people and have extra support and maybe a few laughs Image A sense of humour is a must, it carries you through the hard times.

Hi Granma cats and Welcome No can't help there we don't do Laugh's .Giggle's and titters Maby Image and humor no there ain't none tis all gone'd under the carpet and round the bend yep you go to be ImageI am full of it Image so look out
Welcome to the forum. Has anyone mentioned having a "Needs Assessment" from Social Services, or a "Carers Assessment". Do either of your carees have Attendance Allowance (over 65) or Disability Living Allowance (under 65). It's really important you have some practical and emotional support with two carees, so that you can always have a bit of "Me" time. Click on the tab at the top of the page "Help and Advice" for lots more information.
Hello Image A very belated welcome Image
A belated welcome from me too. Image
Hi nanacats, welcome xx
Hi Nanna Cats and welcome,

Sounds like you have a lot to deal with. Glad to hear you have a good support network, they are often in short supply!

If you visit Roll Call and the social section, you'll find some light hearted banter intermingled with "over the garden fence" type chat.

Melly1