[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello from a busy mum... - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Hello from a busy mum...

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Amy,

Welcome. Yes, I recognize the feeling about not enough time to go round. I have 3 kids, now aged 23, 21 and 18. The 21 year old has severe epilepsy and very severe learning disabilities and associated problems. I always worried about not giving enough time to the other two but they have both grown up into intelligent, caring, rounded adults who adore their brother. They couldn't always do what their friends were doing but they always knew how much we loved them. So, try not to worry too much.

Regards,ellcee
Hi Amy and welcome, you have your hands full!

I belive the young girl on Coronation Street has the same syndrome as your daughter
Thank you - that's interesting. I don't watch Coronation Street but maybe I should check it out. What is the name of the character? Recently there was a storyline on Casualty where someone with EDS deliberately dislocated themselves in order to get a 'fix' of morphine. Complete misrepresentation of the condition!
Hi Amy,

Welcome. Yes, I recognize the feeling about not enough time to go round. I have 3 kids, now aged 23, 21 and 18. The 21 year old has severe epilepsy and very severe learning disabilities and associated problems. I always worried about not giving enough time to the other two but they have both grown up into intelligent, caring, rounded adults who adore their brother. They couldn't always do what their friends were doing but they always knew how much we loved them. So, try not to worry too much.

Regards,ellcee
Thank you for that ellcee... you obviously did a great job. Maybe that kind of thing has a positive effect on kids in the long term, if handled correctly. Should probably mention my 13 yr old actually has the same condition, although luckily he only has it very mildly, so people tend to 'forget' he struggles a bit too... good job I am healthy!
Shes called Izzy and shes in a wheelchair

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22276037/
Hi Amy,

Me again. I was just thinking about not having enough time to go around when I remembered an incident from when my youngest was about 3yrs old. We were going to fetch her older sister from school and the little one said "can I play in the playhouse in the playground mummy?". I replied "I'm sorry darling but we're in a hurry today, we won't have enough time". With wonderful logic, her response was "Oh, that's all right mummy, I've got plenty of time and you can have some of mine"!!! Image Image Image Image If only!

ellcee
Hi Audrey,
Yes, that's fine.
ellcee