[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hey my names mike

I look after my grandfather as his full time carer. I'm 26 years old and have been looking after him him for 2 years. He has dementia, I used to have support from my parents but they have recently moved abroad. I'm finding it harder as have no social life and his condition is getting worse.
Hi and Image
I hope so to. Thank you
Hi Mike and welcome Image
Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm really concerned that as a young man you have a lot on your plate, it's really understandable that you are finding it difficult. You don't have to do all the caring by yourself. There are lots of ways of getting help, both practical and financial. Please ring up our Carers UK helpline, or email them if you prefer, or the line is busy. The Alzheimer's Society will also be able to give you help and support, I'm full of admiration for any young person doing such a difficult job, so well done.
Hi and welcome to the forum. A carers assessment for you should identify your needs as a carer, social services should also assess your grandfather to identify his needs.
Hello and welcome from me too.
Have a look round the board and post anywhere you want. The fun and games section is good for a laugh.
hello mike and welcome from me! Image Image

Im quite new myself, and my only regret is that i didnt find this site earlier!! This site offers so much support and everybody is really nice.

Mike have you had a word with your grandads g.p.? x
Hi Mike, Welcome from me too Image
xx