[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello everyone - Carers UK Forum

Hello everyone

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello there,
Just joined here... and have been looking at all the information around....

Sadly Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last October ... and is sadly now bedridden, my sister and I do two days each staying at Mom's to look after her... every day is different... good days... bad days.... sleepy days.... where am I days ... who am I days..... what's going on days.... happy days and sad days.... so on the whole a never a dull moment days!!

Mom can make us laugh and cry in the same moment ... she has not lost her sense of humour bless.... and on odd days can be a 'grumpy old thing' as she says....

I look forward to reading lots of info as well as supportive advice from everyone...but for now will leave you with one of my Mom's statements which made me chuckle....

"Every time I look at that clock it says a different time"
Hello AngieM,

Welcome to the forum & I'm pleased to see you putting a positive spin on what must be difficult times ( times? I blame the clock for the unintended pun).

Take care.
Thank you caravanj....

Arrr yes... one needs to keep positive.... otherwise one will just fall apart! .... and we don't want that now do we... otherwise be fit for nothing then......

Thanks for the welcome :D
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. :)
AngieM wrote:Hello there,
Just joined here... and have been looking at all the information around....

Sadly Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last October ... and is sadly now bedridden, my sister and I do two days each staying at Mom's to look after her... every day is different... good days... bad days.... sleepy days.... where am I days ... who am I days..... what's going on days.... happy days and sad days.... so on the whole a never a dull moment days!!

Mom can make us laugh and cry in the same moment ... she has not lost her sense of humour bless.... and on odd days can be a 'grumpy old thing' as she says....

I look forward to reading lots of info as well as supportive advice from everyone...but for now will leave you with one of my Mom's statements which made me chuckle....

"Every time I look at that clock it says a different time"
Welcome, Angie, that comment about the clock did make me laugh, isn't it funny how people find things like that in such difficult situations?

Really sorry to hear about your mum and I'm glad that you've found the forum and hope that you find it helpful xx
Hello no1mum..

Thank you for the warm welcome :D

There is a lot to look through and learn ... :roll:
Hi MumWhoCares...

Thank you for your welcome and kind words..... Mom is often comes out with such things.... that quote really made me chuckle..... and even Mom laughed when she realised what she had said.. :lol:

During the night if she calls out I go in and she looks at me half asleep and says......
Ohhh 'it's an Angela'......... yes Mom........ its "an Angela" I reply.... :)