[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello all - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Hello all

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Image Image Image

New threads are good for discussing specific things, it also makes it easier for members to find topics, a lot of new and old members browse old threads for information. Audrey is right we don't bite.... and in the case of Rosemary her bark is worse than her bite(now I'm off to hide). Image Image Image
]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif[/img] Image

New threads are good for discussing specific things, it also makes it easier for members to find topics, a lot of new and old members browse old threads for information. Audrey is right we don't bite.... and in the case of Rosemary her bark is worse than her bite(now I'm off to hide). Image Image Image
Looks a nice place to be, and has made me think when I read how some have so much more to cope with than me, that I should stop feeling so sorry for myself.

I am a keen metal detectorist and miss being able to get out on the fields.

Hopefully will get out soon for short session if my brother can cope for a while with Mum.
ive said it before now say it again - i love you no.1Mum (wot a tart i am!). ... should that be in the cooking topic? ouch!
Lemon curd tarts...mmmmmmmmmm
We can all feel sorry for ourselves at times Suki, all our situations are different, the fact that we are all carers and understand all that goes with caring brings us together.

Yep

Image Yep
hi and welcome,
what a lot on your plate - it's no wonder you feel a bit down, give yourself a break, this is not feeling sorry for yourself, this is stress, because you are dealing with a lot. you are entitled to rant, do it as much as you like if it makes you feel better.
just a suggestion - could you make out that you want to see this day centre and you're really interested, so she'd actually be doing it for you?
if you can get her there, stay with her, start up a conversation with a group and then just 'pop' to the toilet, but for an extended time, or make tea or something. just so she has a little time to mix herself but not to much time that her shyness makes her feel intimidated.
if it works you could always then extend your absence gradually.
if she is not wanting to get dressed, she could be feeling depressed herself, so i think softly softly to give her a bit of confidence back.
hi and welcome,
what a lot on your plate - it's no wonder you feel a bit down, give yourself a break, this is not feeling sorry for yourself, this is stress, because you are dealing with a lot. you are entitled to rant, do it as much as you like if it makes you feel better.
just a suggestion - could you make out that you want to see this day centre and you're really interested, so she'd actually be doing it for you?
if you can get her there, stay with her, start up a conversation with a group and then just 'pop' to the toilet, but for an extended time, or make tea or something. just so she has a little time to mix herself but not to much time that her shyness makes her feel intimidated.
if it works you could always then extend your absence gradually.
if she is not wanting to get dressed, she could be feeling depressed herself, so i think softly softly to give her a bit of confidence back.
It is worth thinking about, thanks for that.

She is very set in her ways though Image