[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Sean

You had really bad luck with that PIP assessor.
Hopefully you would win an appeal. But that's not the point you shouldn't have to. These people just dont realise the stress it causes to those already under severe pressure.

Your wife does need a lot of looking after - so hard on both of you.

Social services should be able to arrange an assessment so that they can put something in place for you to have breaks.

Carers need short breaks to continue caring.

Good luck
sunnydisposition wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Can we ask your ages. An assessors job is to obviously to make sure claimants receive the right benefit. Fundamentally though to get individuals off benefits and back into paid employment.
Sure! I'm 27 and she's 52. We have a large age gap I know but that's irrelevant. I've been married since I was 18. Since the COPD started her health has declined hugely. She's also not used to being so unable to do things as she is a veteran. Used to being self sufficient and proud and all that. I am just angry because it doesn't have to be this hard. I can do this, but PIP have made our lives so so much harder.
Cloudygal wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 pm
Sean

You had really bad luck with that PIP assessor.
Hopefully you would win an appeal. But that's not the point you shouldn't have to. These people just dont realise the stress it causes to those already under severe pressure.

Your wife does need a lot of looking after - so hard on both of you.

Social services should be able to arrange an assessment so that they can put something in place for you to have breaks.

Carers need short breaks to continue caring.

Good luck
Thank you. I hadn't considered social services as I didn't know they dealt with my kind of situation. And thank you for being so kind. It's nice to know people on here understand. I often feel guilty for being so wound up.
Shaun

You are welcome.

Just look up needs assessments nhs.

Under the Care Act they must subsequently do a support plan if there are eligible needs. It sounds like there are as you do so much.

Most social workers are lovely The occasional one not so sympathetic. A friend had a social worker initially who they knew they wouldn't get along with so they rang up the boss and requested a different one. Now they have a really good social worker.

Get acquainted with the Care Act and know your rights.

As with all services they try to save money where they can but that doesn't stop the duty of care they have to meet eligible needs.

In my experience, you have to let them know that without support it cant go on much longer. But with support you can continue caring for longer.
Your can also contact your local MP. MP'S have direct access to the DWP.

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

In-fact I'm would be inclined to contact them anyway.