[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi. My name is Michael and I am a carer for my mum, who had a major stroke in 2009. Prior to that, she was fit and healthy, so it had a life-changing effect for her and me. We are getting on OK now. I retired at 60 from the Post Office last year, so I no longer have to worry leaving her on her own while I was at work.
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum.

I care for S, he is 23 and has autism. I juggle caring and working.

Melly1
Hi Michael

I'm Steph and I care for my 16 year old son, who has first episode psychosis. I have had to give up my much beloved job as a teacher to get us through this tough time.

Glad you have found us and looking forward to reading your posts.
Hi Michael

I just thought I would say hi as I am also caring for Dad who had a major stroke in 2009. He made a reasonable recovery from that and came home with me but has had other ongoing things since. I'm guessing your mum is probably a similar age if you are retiring now. Dad is 89.
Welcome to the forum, Michael :) I have one son who is thirteen, he has autism and epilepsy and possibly some other things we are waiting to find out more about!

I hope you find the forum helpful and I hope you and your mum are doing okay.
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Forum. I care for my Mum (89) who has Rheumatoid Arthritis. Gave up work to look after her full time - there are times when I want to 'scream' but I care, as we all do.

We are here for each other and for you. Take care

Viv