Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Dear everyone,

I am 60 years old, disabled, and living with my 91 year old mum. She's very frail and forgetful and my main problem has been getting help from the GP. I've made appointments to talk to her GP, and accepted a telephone consult a week later, and then he didn't ring. I have no support; she feels frustrated, and we lack help. Carers Direct suggested the forum, so hello.
Hello and I am Gorden a local volunteer ambassador for Carers UK & Scotland. Firstly welcome to the forum and I hope you find it useful.

There are a few things that spring to mind Just now.

Are you registered as a the carer for your family member? If not then I would highly recommend you go along and register at your local carers centre and ask them to get you a carers assessment done as that about support for you. Carer centres tend to be able to help in many ways and are great in getting things done and getting you to the right person.

Register as your family member carer with your GP as that will give you better access to your GP and he will then take note of you more rather than shrug you off.

Carers UK member ship is free and by joining they will send you out loads of information on a regular bases so if you have not joined then consider doing so.
http://www.carersuk.org/members

The carers help line number is 0808 808 7777 and they are great too, just to chat to and for getting help and information which you can call at anytime.

Don't let your GP put you off as the NHS do acknowledge carers and support them.

Gorden
Hello, Ellen, and welcome :)
Hello Ellen and welcome to the forum. I hope you are able to get the help you need for yourself and for your mother.

You will find a lot of support and good advice here, in this forum.

Gilli
Hi Ellen and welcome.

I'm sorry your GP didn't phone you as promised, how annoying. Did you ring the surgery to find out why? I hope you manage to talk to the GP about your Mum soon.

I hope you find the forum supportive.

Melly1