[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello Anne welcome to the forum. I am quite new on here myself but have already found it a great place for advice and understanding. Hope you sort out your job situation soon.
Elsa x
Hi again Anne
My OH was diagnosed with cancer 4 yrs ago, he is doing well now but is only manageable not curable, so unfortunately matter of time. We have two lovely daughters the older has Spina Bifida where her care was partly shared he can no longer do so to the level as before, so that made it difficult to work.
Long story short I was taking so much time off work it was becoming an issue, OH was in and out of hospital, sometimes in for weeks at a time, I finally plucked up the courage to leave, my work had tried to help but were relieved I feel as they could then replace me.
It is extremely difficult to know what to do. Having said that the freedom to go to appointments and treatments without asking for time off work took a weight off my shoulders.
Don't know if this helps.
Take care & don't be too hard d on yourself xx
Hello and welcome to the forum

Tilly
Hello and welcome :)
Hi Anne and welcome,

I juggle work and caring. It all works fine until S is ill and can't go to college or college is closed for whatever reason on a day I'm meant to be working. Then the stress really builds because of course I have to put S first and there is only me to look after him. You have my sympathy/understanding.

Melly1