[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,
I'm not strictly new as I think I posted a couple of times last year but I don't know that I ever introduced myself.

I'm Liz and my mother aged 80 is in a nursing home after a series of strokes. We're currently embroiled in the continuing care funding appeal process.

Last year I had some excellent advice and help from a lady who may post here and now I have a bit more time I thought I would try to return the favour and help anyone else whose relative is being discharged from hospital into a nursing home and who may have been wrongly told by social services that they have to sell their home.

Thanks to the advice I had last year Grandma has had a full year's care funded and we are still only half way through the appeal process. When people's homes are at risk then it's worth putting up a fight.
Liz Image
Welcome Back
Kind regards John
Hi Liz,

I am sure your experiences will be of benefit to others.

Welcome back
Rosemary