[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
new to forum first post - Carers UK Forum

new to forum first post

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi i am carer for my wife who has border personality disorder and am at wits end reached the stage where i need a break wondered if anybody knew of anywhere i could get a short term ( a week or so ) resbite for her the mental health team has caused us so may problems its the only thing i can think of unless anybody has got any other ideas
many thanks keith
Hiya and welcome to the forum. You should be able to information regarding respite from your local social services.
Sorry to hear that your mental health team are so useless. They are supposed to be supporting you, not making things worse. Is it the NHS team or the Local authority social worker who is causing the problem, or have they now joined together (as they have in my area for learning difficulties).
Hi and welcome to the forum

My mh team are pretty much useless I have borderline personality disorder to and care for my husband I do not know what area you are in but in mine we have a carers centre with various information they provide grants so the people who are caring have a break they provide a sitting service and carers assessments as your wife has mh team like myself i doubt you will get help from social services like myself they told me my advocate and husband that be ause I have a mh worker she can put support in place ask the mh team fr a carers assessment my hubby is waiting on one via mh team for me and also ask them about you having a break it maybe mh team refer you on to social services

Not sure what area you're in but some local organisations can help with respite - we have a list of organisations on our website here: http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... e-you-live so have a look and see if there's one near you that can help.

Also, contact social services - they can arrange alternative care for the person you are looking after so that you can take a break from caring. We have more info on how to get a break or respite for the person you are caring for here]http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... et-a-break[/url]

Let us know how you get on,