[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi this is me - Carers UK Forum

Hi this is me

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I'm 66, retired, and a full time carer for my wife who has secondary progressive MS and is in a wheelchair. We have an adult daughter who also has MS - primary progressive - who is also in a wheelchair and lives on her own in a housing association bungalow, 240 miles away. My wife is increasingly needy but my daughter takes pride in coping on her own - with domestic and personal help of course.

I would go mad if I didn't have an outlet - in my case it's music, as I'm an amateur trumpeter.

To support MS generally I am a committee member of my local MS Society Branch, though this is a "duty" rather than enjoyable.

I tend to avoid "carers'" groups as I want to think about things other than caring when I'm not at home. I guess I'm relatively lucky - a lot of carers would love to be in my position - but I adopted a policy of "benign neglect" (helping when asked rather than offering it, and with a selectively deaf ear) many years ago.

I'm not very good at "letting it all hang out" and yes I do have dark times, but music has been my safety valve (it's a bit like cigarettes - not so much that you enjoy it but you get withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop Image )
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. Image
welcome aboard. Hope you find time to look round
Hi and welcome to the forum. Image
Welcome to the forum, sorry you qualify to be here.
hi and welcome Image