[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Good morning.... -Carers UK Forum

Good morning....

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I am sure I registered here a while ago but had a different email address.
Anyway, much has been going on. I am still looking after my mother, she will be 80 this year. She has been unwell for quite some time and has been in and out of hospital over the past 18 months or so.
I have not applied for carers allowence as I still manage to work and share my time looking after mum. My days and nights never stop lol.

At the moment she is back in hospital, has been there over 1 week now, needless to say, I am still busy, driving back and forth, checking on her house and her 3 cats. I have 2 dogs myself.

I am seriously considering having my hours cut at work as I am finding it a little much trying to do everything. My other option I suppose would be to hand in my notice.
I am painfully aware of time I have had to take off over the past 12 months or so and am reaching the point where perhaps I'd be best to hand in my notice.
My mother with the help of the CAB mailed in an application for attendence allowence, we await the outcome.
I'm off to work now but will be back later.
Tricia
Welcome to the forum Tricia - nice to have you 'on board', the more the merrier !

Your Mum shouldn't have any trouble getting AA; it's about the only benefit that isn't 'means tested'. We applied some time before I had to move in with my Mum and got the standard rate quite easily, but now I've had to move in with her as she needs 24/7 care so I'm going to apply for the higher rate (I have her POA so I do all the paperwork !).

If you enjoy your job and can continue to combine caring and work, then do so. Once you give up work caring can be a lonely business.
Welcome to the forum Tricia.Hope you find time to look round and feel free to join in on any of the discussions.

Rosemary
Thank you very much for the warm welcome Image I am going to speak to my boss tomorrow and see if there is any way my hours can be reduced. I do enjoy my work and also have to think of my own financial situation. I am sure I am not alone in this.
Tricia
Hi Trica and welcome to the forum, plenty of sound sensible advice to be found on here.

Karen x x
Hello and welcome to the forum Image
Hello and welcome Image
Hi Tricia and welcome Image