[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Getting breaks - Carers UK Forum

Getting breaks

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I like advice if any one has the same issue as me when a need to get a break which is my situation As it stands today My situation is the person I care for is disable he has no funds to pay for care I am a volunteer and I am not paid and have done it 23 years , At present I work 7 days a week without much of a break except in afternoons for 3hr or lessif I am lucky. I am not due for any reassessment until july /aug 2016, Carers dept adult socialcare luton provided a pay out for a rest bite , but its blocked as no repalcement to provide for me to have a break I ahve had little or no support from adult social services in luton and tried many lines and little have had somesort of emotionalsupport with mind-blink/and local caresupport for emtional support only. Who woudl I be advcied to conatct thats over adult social servcie for assistance in this issue .I have eventried health watch luton and theirs been little result of them trying to get adult social servcies to help.
Maria, you are entitled to a Carers Assessment. The person you care for is entitled for a Needs Assessment. Social Services MUST do these assessments, they can't choose not to do them. They should arrange for you to have regular support and respite. Your caree should then have care provided for him, so you can have a break.