[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Just wondering? - Carers UK Forum

Just wondering?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello, new member with a question. Been asked by the care agency who sends carers to Mum, are we happy to have a male carer. Tick box to say 'yes' or 'no'. If 'no' state a reason why. Should we have to do that? Shouldn't it be enough to just give our preference? Should we have to say why?
they shouldn't ask u why, its up to you who you have come in to look after your mum.
and welcome to the forum Image
Kat
I'd have thought if you tick 'no' then the 'why' is fairly obvious - given that your caree is an older female Image

Really, I sometimes despair of these agencies - do they not possess any common sense Image
I don't see why you should have to give a reason. Maybe it's there so that people can if they want, but I don't think you should have to.
Hi Margaret,
It's your personal preference. But I have an elderly friend, with a care package. she got stuck
at the top of her stairs in her stair lift. had to sit for a few hours till carers came, and this day
a man was with the girl. he knew how to fix the chair and had the weight behind him to get
her downstairs. so they are not all bad. to have on the list , he never did any personal care for my
friend, she would never have that, but I know elderly are funny about men in the house. Minie
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. I personally don't think you should have to give a reason.
Image Image hi margret wellcome a young male auderley had to clean my wife twice in one night he was more enbarest than her but i do not thing you should have to give a reason Image
hello and welcome