[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm new :) - Carers UK Forum

I'm new :)

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all Image

I'm 37 and a full time carer for my Mum; she is now battling breast cancer for the fourth time. This time round it has sadly spread to her brain. She's been in and out of hospital for the past year and a half. She is an amazing person, incredibly brave, never complains.

My friends are supportive but as none of them have ever been a carer, they can't really understand what it's like, how stressful and tiring it can be.

Thanks for reading Image
Hi Tabitha, have you been in touch with Social Services for a needs assessment for mum, and a Carer's Assessment for you? It is really important that you develop a little group of people who understand and can offer practical help. Make sure you are both claiming all the benefits which you are entitled to. Have the hospital offered Macmillan nurses or similar. It's very difficult to say exactly what help is available now, as each local authority operates slightly differently. Have a look at the top of the page, you'll find a "Help and Advice" tab, if you click here you will find a booklet online with about 30 pages. Think about joining us on Roll Call, where we share what we are up to, good and bad.
Hi Tabitha and welcome,

you must both be physically and emotionally exhausted.

Bowlingbun has offered good advice.

I hope you find the forum helpful and supportive - we do know what caring is like.

Melly1
Hi Tabitha

Just saying hi & welcome

Kiki x