[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Finally plucked up the courage to post - Carers UK Forum

Finally plucked up the courage to post

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello everyone
As the title says i`ve finally come out from the shadows, ive read this forum for the last few months. I`d just like to get my story down 4 years ago my missis who was 34 at the time had a brain anurysm burst . It turned my life upside down as at the time i was in a good job and we enjoyed life to the max !! Now 4 years down the line i feel as if i`m stuck in limbo, doing the same routine day in day out .We have got family who try to help but both our parents are elderly and theres only so much they can do. i find everyday a struggle as i know from the time i get up to the time i go to bed that i`ll be non stop doing things for her the stroke she suffered has left her paralysed down her left side of her body she is unable to move her left arm but can still manage to walk a little with the aid of a stick. But its the small things i notice like her personallity has gone ive tried allsorts with her but she is like a zombie most of the time. Sorry for going on i just wanted to get my story across regards Jay
Hi Jay and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to read of your wife's problems and the effect her stroke has had on your life together, but glad that you've 'come out from the shadows' to join us. I haven't had experience of carig for a stroke victim, but I'm sure one of the other members will be along soon with some suggestions and helpful advice for you.
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forum.Like Susie said its great you came out of the shadows .
Do you have any outside help coming in, get support from any local groups? Have you had assessments for both of you?
Look forward to reading more from you.

Rosemary
Hello Jay and welcome, glad you've 'come out of the shadows' Image
Thanks for the welcome messages yes weve had all the assesments etc . she has 2 people come in the morning to her her get washed and dressed they are supposed to come for an hour but only stay for 20 mins ive had words with the social services about this but i get the response that i should be thankfull for what we get but thats a different story 1 trust me ive rung and spoke to everybody to get help but i just seem to get fobbed off Another moan is the lack of physio she gets for the last 4 years she has had a few 30 min sessions once a week for 6 weeks at a time once the 6 weeks are up we have to get her g.p to refer her again and this takes 2 months to go through sorry about the moan LOL
Hello Jay and welcome

Lots of lovely new friends on here to help and support you. I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, it is very true that strokes do cause personality changes because of the damage done to the brain. Help is definately a postcode lottery I'm afraid which is so annoying. Moan away, we all understand on here.

Take care
Bluebird
they are supposed to come for an hour but only stay for 20 mins ive had words with the social services about this but i get the response that i should be thankfull for what we get
This is not uncommon Jay,we hear reports of this happening all the time. Are the paid assistants supplied in house via social services themselves ,or through an agency. If your wifes' package states she needs an hour each morning, that is what you should get.
If you dont, there is a complaint procedure that can be followed. Your local authority can supply the details.
Welcome Jay, strokes certainly change people, my Mum had a stroke 4 years ago and its left her very nasty at times and hard to deal with x
Hello and welcome to the forum Image
Welcome Roverjay Image