[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lonely carer - Carers UK Forum

Lonely carer

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, I'm Rob

I suppose I have been caring for my partner since I met her 8 years ago, though I didn't see it as that back then. We have some fantastic moments but her Borderline Personality Disorder also means we share some crashing lows.
I'm here, not to compare, but to share and perhaps find a little solidarity and support. Caring can be a very lonely experience at times.

I am in the process of trying to claim carers allowance but have been unsuccessful to the point where I am now going through the appeal process to take it to a tribunal.

Anyway, enough about me! It's good to be here and I hope to get to know some of you better over time.
Why are you having problems caring Carers Allowance? What disability benefits does your partner receive?
Hi, and welcome from me too. There's a vast amount of accumulative experience on the forum, plus the experts at Carers UK, so hopefully we can come up with some helpful answers etc.

Have a browse around and get to know us. :)
Many thanks for the welcome :)

I am posting in the relevant section of the forum about the problems I am having with claiming carers allowance - needless to say its quite stressful!