[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stop caring - Carers UK Forum

Stop caring

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I looked after my partner for 15 years. He had suffered a severe stroke. We both gave up good careers.
In February this year he went into a nursing home after suffering another stroke in October. So my job of 15 years came to an end. I was told I could claim Universal Credit and to start looking for a job. Bit unfair don't you think? If you've been in a job for 15 years and it comes to an end, don't you get redundancy pay?
No - and some 'ex-carers' get eviction notices as well, if it was the caree who was the tenant.

We are 'fodder' for the government, nothing more. To be exploited, and then discarded.

I hope you manage to get your life back together on track, as you move into this next phase. Not easy in the SLIGHTEST.
In short , when the caring ends , it's back to civvy street with whatever assets you have still left intact.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... pect-31598

No golden handshakes or thank yous from anyone .. caring done ... life is now what you make it.

Unike a prisoner released from a sentence , there is NO ONE waiting to welcoming you back to the outside world , and to help you adjust to this strange new world before you.

Not even a representative from any of our own supporting organisations.

Leaving CarerLand presents a new , often toxic , wave of problems ... and that clock is ticking.

Priorities now are to survive financially , and keep some form of room over your head.