[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi I'm new here - Carers UK Forum

hi I'm new here

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Mum and dad now live with me dad got cancer and mum's got dementia it's one hell of a juggling act
Hiya Ellen and a warm welcome to the forum. Plenty of suuport and advice to be found on here.

Karen
thanks for the welcome. Bit stressed at moment it looks like dad's going down hill fast now he sleeps most of the time had to give him more pain relief and mum's just lost she asleep next to him at the moment difficult to know when to call the rest of the family
Hi Ellen, welcome to the forums. Image I just joined yesterday too, so newbies together! Image
Hi Ellen, welcome.
It does sound like a juggling act. Sorry to hear your dad's not doing well. Do you get any practical support for your caring?
employing carers for first time tomoorow so we can go as family to one of my childrens school event.looking forward to it but i'm worried one if mum will kick off and two if we will be able to go as dad is now so bad. hey ho.
I think it's often hard to let go and let other people take responsibility for a while. Unfortunately I can't offer much advice here for how to deal with the worries, but I hope all goes well tomorrow.
Hi Ellen and welcome Image
hope it goes well tomorrow.
Hi Ellen and welcome to the forums. I understand juggling acts and letting go... both very difficult, stressful, guilt laden etc etc. I hope you find suitable carers you feel you can trust so you don't miss out on your child's school event.

take care

Debbie
Ok back from a afternoon away from it all school speech day as boring as ever but boy did it feel good being there. I was mum not a carer for a few hours. Walked back into the normal chaos of giving pain relief and mum being mum hey ho. Carers seem to be ok even though due to traffic we were 10mins late life against the clock hey ho. Thanks so much for your support. Ellen