[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR - Carers UK Forum

CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi every 1 been a carer for 19 years to my 19 yr old son atmy witts end as he is even challenging support workers i am from Leigh Lancashire any help appreciated thanks
Does your son have any learning difficulties? Has anyone suggested to you that he might be I allergic to any foods? As a youngster my son was very hyperactive, going to bed at 11, when I had to lock him into his room, waking twice a night for an hour each time, then waking up at 5am. Within a week of him having an additive free diet, no artificial colourings or flavourings, he started sleeping up the 14 hours straight through!! Is there anything that might be troubling your son at the moment?
Hi and welcome to the Forum.Hope you find it useful and fun.Can`t really offer any answers other than trying to divert the behaviour by keeping him active,but i dare say you do that anyway. Image
Hi and welcome I can't offer any advice I'm afraid but there will be others along who can
Hello and welcome Sheila.

Can you give us a bit more info? Does he have learning difficulties or a specific diagnosis of anything, is he challenging all the time or is there no particular pattern?

I have had a lot of experience with some extremely challenging behaviour with my daughter (now 21 and no longer at home), I won't necessarily have the answers you need but will do my best to offer a suggestion or two.
Hi and welcome Sheila, - You will get the help and support here I'm sure, however I think you will need to give some more information on your situation so that anyone in the same situation can possibly offer their advice.
It is often just being able to 'chat' with others that helps us carers to have some relief.

cheers
Mags