[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caring for my partner - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caring for my partner

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Jane,
Welcome ,
As Audrey, said, go easy on yourself. (((((hugs))))) .minnie
Welcome Jane from another Jane its a popular name on here Image

You have a lot on your plate right now and no-one on here will judge you, one good thing about here is we can say exactly how we are feeling and sometimes those feelings would sound horrible to a person who doesnt understand but on here we are all in the same boat so its good to sound off x
Hi Jane and welcome to the forum. I can't really add much more to the words of wisdom and encouragement already imparted by everyone else who has responded so far. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here and it's a good place to just 'let off steam' when you need to.

Take care and big hugs

Debbie
Bertiebear and Myrtle I've PM ed you both but not sure it worked as "Sent" file doesn't show that I have! Confused Image
Natch Image nothing's come through. Did you press 'Submit' or 'Preview'?
Welcome Jane from another Jane
I can accept other peoples' names, but I always consider your real name to be Nilla. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's just got a nice 'real name' ring to it Image
Hi Jane
What an amazing woman you are , three children alone is so hard to cope with when you have a healthy partner. Your children will love you without any thought of why your partner is disabled. They will love him equally too.
There is nothing to feel guilty about , getting upset means you have heart and soul, comassion and empathy. Great qualities in any woman , mother and wife.
Crying releases a body hormone called "Endorphins" they make you feel good and so its good to cry.
It also releases tension and that is good also. Your children need you as does your partner but you must have time for yourself.
i am part of a group in our Social Services called "Time for Me" that gives money to Carers for themselves. £100 a year at this moment and it paid for a big button telephone in home and big button mobile for ME.
I cant see very well as have blurred vision most days that glasses cannot improve.
I have also had aromatherpay and rugby tickets offered. These people know i cant just go so they offer a sitting service so i can get out and do things for myself.
Perhaps your area may have a similar thing.
You do need to do something for yourself outside of child and partner for your own sanity. Ask Social Services for help, as i see your family are away. So are mine, there is only Andrew and me.
Take Care and i hope you have found this a little help.
Kindness and Friendship Mandy