[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mums carer - Carers UK Forum

mums carer

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hi I'm new on here.i care for my mum who has altzheimers :D
Welcome to the forum. Are you getting any help from Social Services? Is mum claiming any disability benefits?
My mother-in-law has deep dementia now, and is in a home. She could not survive otherwise, as she needs 24x7 care from a team of careworkers and nurses. She can't walk, can't speak and is double incontienent. She no longer recognises me, and falls back asleep about 30 seconds after I've said hello.

It's dreadful to see and I pray every night that she will go to sleep and not wake up. She is 93, and in good health physically for her age. But her mind is gone and she is no longer the person I once knew. Awful, awful, awful.
Welcome to the forum, Maurita.

Lots of carers on her are supporting loved ones with varying types of dementia at different stages. Some live with their caree and some visit and/ or advocate for them.

I hope you find the forum interesting and supportive.

Melly1
My Mum also has Alzheimer's. She is in the earlyish stages. So is able to live at home with some support. It is so sad that she is not the person she once was. Welcome