[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
feeling lonely - Carers UK Forum

feeling lonely

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I am carer to my 28yr old daughter,who has anorexia and severe mentall illness,she has been ill for 9 years but this year has been the worst ever,to top it all my husband has not long left me as he says he cant cope anymore with my daughters illness.so I hope to make friends on here
Hello,I'm a mum to a daughter with mental health issues,I do understand the feelings of isolation and lack of understanding,the last year has been really tough,all I wish for any of us in 2016 is some peace of mind.
From. Clare.
Ana, that sounds really rough for you. Is your daughter in treatment or does she resist it as, sadly, so many with MH seem to do alas, or is it simply proving inadequate to help her? I do hope that the coming year may bring an improvement in her condition, and thus a lessening of your care load.

This is a very supportive forum, even if we have a variety of care responsibilities, from the elderly to the young, from MH/dementia to physical illness.

Wishing you well, Jenny
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your husband has left, that's really drastic, and leaves you with no support. MH services seem to be very poor. Can you pinpoint the three things you struggle with most?
Hi Ana. That's hard. The only experience I've had was with a family member who suffered from bulimia, but relatively briefly. I do remember the anxiety that engendered and the nightmare of mealtimes etc. All I can do is say hello and welcome.
Elaine
bowlingbun wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your husband has left, that's really drastic, and leaves you with no support. MH services seem to be very poor. Can you pinpoint the three things you struggle with most?
I struggle with isolation as she is high risk and there are few inpatient beds for containement, in the last 5 months she has made 8 suicide attempts.the crisis team is useless so I am constantly with her
I struggle with lack of money, because I don't drive due to epilepsy it is hard
I struggle with lonelyness and respite
When did your daughter last have a Needs Assessment, and you a Carer's Assessment, from Social Services? It's vital for long term carers to have some "me" time. Are you a member of any MH Carers Support Groups. I know there is one near me, but each area operates differently. Social Services should be able to tell you what is available in your area.