[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caring for bro but living with mother the issue! - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caring for bro but living with mother the issue!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
My bro has higher DLA and incapacity benefit, whilst I have carers allowance and income support.

Mum is being sorted out as I arranged for an outreach benefits worker to contact her, as she did not believe what I said she was entitled to . I'm trying to tell her the landlord does not need to know she will be claiming housing benefit, but we will see what she decides to do on that front (puts worlds smallest violin away; been reading other people's posts!)

I'm hoping that my brother will have a community assessment and myself a carers assessment soon. Looking to have activities with carers funded rather than it coming out of his benefits, and perhaps some support for me.
Looking after brother since 5 am today. Mum comes down at 6:30 am when we are in the kitchen and stands in door way. This is a known trigger for my brother who briefly strangles me. I ask mum to move away from door way. She rants at me for pointing this out, and refuses to talk to me for rest of the day, wanting to watch TV in her room.

Today is my birthday.

Man, I swear this is harder than it ought to be ...

Anyone else, with people in their lives making caring for someone harder, you are not alone. Try not to think how it should be. Work out what you need to do to keep your sainity. And if you are doing your best, and no harm has come to the person you care for, you have done well.

If you are far from a relative or friend you know cares for someone stay in touch - send a text about something even mundane. Because getting out of the bubble us carers end up in is welcome.
Happy birthday , hope you find a little time for yourself.

Caring is the hardest job, thankless task too. People that can just do as they please and not have to think of others first just dont " get " it.

Hope your day gets better x
Hi,
Just wanted to say hello, welcome to the forum,
Happy Birthday , hope you get to relax a bit. Image
Happy Birthday Hanzou, hope the day gets better for you.