[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Overpayment of carer premium - Carers UK Forum

Re: Overpayment of carer premium

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I had to give up full time employment in January 2010 but was not advised by several organisations including CAB/welfare rights that I needed to declare any savings over £16000 or what to declare. I feel that I have been misadvised especially as I am being harassed by dwp for something that is not my fault. My mother suffered a major stroke in 2011 and also a urinary infection in 2010 which led to her developing dementia. My solicitor who advised me at the time has been struck off for legal aid irregularities and my financial advisor retired in September 2011. What are my options.
I'm not sure on this one, as they should have asked you when you initially applied for benefits, they are in the wrong punishing you now for a fault they made. if they are wanting the money back thats been paid out, you can actually ask them to do it in reduced payments.
im sure others will be along and hopefully give u better advice
Welcome to the forum
Kat
Hmm... I'm not sure on this one.

I think that if they want this money back, then there's precious little you can do about it apart from contact the DWP to set up a payment plan.

Perhaps the best advice I can give is for you to contact the advice line to be doubly certain of where you stand on this.
Hi and welcome, not quite sure on this one as if you've applied for benefits and filled in the forms, they all ask for financial details, which include savings.