Carers UK Adviceline Opening Hours

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Carers UK’s Helpline has been receiving a high volumes of email messages recently and our current time for responding is a maximum of 10 working days but some emails we’re able to respond to sooner.

Our telephone service will open for queries on Mondays and Tuesdays shortly.

You can also get hold of useful advice, information and support online.
• Visit our Help and Advice sections of our website (www.carersuk.org), we have lots of information and downloadable factsheets on the topics people ask us about most.
• New to caring? Our Upfront guide will take you straight to the information you need to know. It takes only a few minutes to complete.
Oh no, it's such a good and vital service
I think that if the forum page had a much clearer signpost to the information pages, and an index which was much more user friendly index, carers would need to contact the helpline less often.
If I'm struggling to use it, then it's failed!

However the helpline is fantastic! I can never thank those concerned enough for making me £50 a week better off, some years ago.
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 pm
I think that if the forum page had a much clearer signpost to the information pages, and an index which was much more user friendly index, carers would need to contact the helpline less often.
If I'm struggling to use it, then it's failed!

However the helpline is fantastic! I can never thank those concerned enough for making me £50 a week better off, some years ago.
Thanks for this suggestion bowlingbun. I mentioned this at our weekly communications meeting this morning and we agreed that we'll put some additional links on the forum to specific help sections of the website. I hope we'll be able to get this done this week.

I've updated the message re the Adviceline opening hours to say that unfortunately due to the large volume of emails we've received recently we're unable to receive calls this week. As you say, there is lots of valuable information on our website information pages and many carers should be able to find the information they need there. Hopefully we'll be able to take calls again next week.

Michael