[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers getting into attractions for free - Carers UK Forum

Carers getting into attractions for free

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi there,
I care for my partner who has chronic PTSD, this makes going out to places tricky and he certainly couldn't do it on his own. Last week we attended a zoo with my son and as I overheard a conversation about carers getting in for free I asked the question and they kindly refunded my entry fee. I was so grateful for this as I had no proof that I was a carer and so this is my question? Is there a card or something that I should have to that I can prove that I am a carer? As I work full time I do not get carers allowance so have nothing from DWP. The other option maybe is to carry my partner's diagnosis paperwork with me?

I hope someone can advise me?

Kind regards

Katherine
Hi Katherine ... welcome to the canteen.

Carers' Card ?

Nothing on a national level ( A bone of contention for more than two decades ! ) ... the only thing I can offer is some information provided by one of our moderators in a thread from a few weeks ago :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... ers%20card

An all singing and and dancing carers card ... including free travel on public transport ... is something that would benefit millions of family carers out there but always been beyond the capabilities of our supporting organisations to deliver.
Does your partner receive DLA/PIP/Attendance Allowance? Have a Blue Badge? A Companion bus pass?
My son with LD has a Companion bus pass, it's credit card size and fits in his wallet. That's easiest.