[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers -Carers UK Forum

Carers

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I .am Dave would like to meet if possible carers in similar position as me.I am finding it very hard and feel isolated looking after my wife. I live in Darlington. Kind Regards Dave.
Hi Dave , welcome to the forum. I'm in the New Forest, caring for my son with learning difficulties part time. He's 37, has his own flat, comes home alternate weekends. All four parents , husband and brother now dead. The older I get, the more difficult it is, simply due to lack of energy and my own failing health. Narrowly avoided hospital myself this week due to a vicious cough. Can I ask how old your wife is, and what she suffers from?
Hello, sorry to hear your story its very hard. My wife has ms and its affected her brain she is 65 next month, anyway hope you can take care. Kind Regards Dave.
Welcome to the forum Dave.
Am so sorry to hear your wife has MS. Very difficult and heartbreaking for you.
My husband, alas is now in a nursing home. Has vascular dementia and suffered strokes.
I do hope you will keep in touch as you will find the forum very friendly and supportive. You can vent if you want to. No one judges.
Lovelly kind words thankyou so much, hope you can cope. Kind Regards Dave.
Hello Dave and welcome to the forum :)

I googled "carers support darlington" and found this website:

http://www.darlingtondisability.org/carer/carer.htm

might be useful for you ?
Hi, thankyou for your help. I have contacted the address you have mentioned last week and await there reply by telephone thankyou again hope you are ok. Kind Regards Dave.
dave_1701 wrote:Hello, sorry to hear your story its very hard. My wife has ms and its affected her brain she is 65 next month, anyway hope you can take care. Kind Regards Dave.

Your wife may benefit from HBOT. I will try to insert a link.

http://www.msntc.org.uk
Hi Dave , I'm new on here , I care for my husband and struggling a bit to be honest so fully understand where your coming from , there's some nice people on here tho x
Hi Jayne, yes I am feeling maybe it is a good thing to have contacts with similar carers, shame we could not all meet to talk with others, anyway take care Dave x.