[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cancer and Dementia - Carers UK Forum

Cancer and Dementia

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I am a full time worker and carer. My partner has cancer and my mother has dementia. I am coping at the moment but worry further down the line when things get worse. Not just for the physical side of things but also the mental health of my mum and partner. It's hard trying to hold the family together. Is there any tips you can give me so that I can help them to understand this is not a chore for me and I look after them both because I love them.
You must get some extra help - this is too much for you to tackle on your own.
Is mum living with you?
Hi Sharon,
Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a lot to be dealing with, caring for your partner, mother and a full time job. Its great you have reached out to Carers UK. Preparing for the long term is important as you need to be taking into account your own physical and mental health too. Do you have a close family and/or friends support network?

Our Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

They also provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:

Benefits and financial support
Your rights as a carer in the workplace
Carers' assessments and how to get support in your caring role
Services available to carers and the people you care for
How to complain effectively and challenge decisions

Best wishes

Lucy.