[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Being forced to put my mother in a home - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Being forced to put my mother in a home

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
There are no "right" or "wrongs". Only you know what is best for you, in your situation. Maybe it would help to think about mum's future increasing needs? Are you now beginning to think "when", rather than "if" she needs residential care? If so, find out which homes are nearest you, and try to visit. If SSD can't provide care, maybe St. Johns could help? Good homes have waiting lists. Some offer day care.
i can cope with her if i can have a break....why can't SS do the right thing and help me enjoy the time i have let with my mum......

so because of the inaction ....I'm being forced to put mother in a home ...

I'm now trying to get hold of Dave Hill , the executive in charge of Adult social services for essex.
Could be fantastic news....

I got in touch a with his PA and a manager has rang me back with a promised that the funding will be backdated today...

Thanks all so much....

a big thank you to :

bowlingbun
Melly1
Anne001
jenny lucas
Brilliant news. Now make certain that they update mum's needs assessment whilst everyone knows their boss is involved. You will never have a better opportunity of getting what you want! I now have access to the head of LD in my county - but never have to use it because all his staff know they can't mess with me anymore!
That's fantastic news.

Melly1
Sadly it 's not good news yet , i got to wait over four weeks, yes the funding being backdated however i can't afford to pay anyone now so i got to wait.... it's be at least two months .....:(
That's not good enough. I always get my son's direct payments in advance, not in arrears. Make another complaint to the Head of SSD, naming the person who gave you this information.