[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
underlaying entitlement to carers benefit? - Carers UK Forum

underlaying entitlement to carers benefit?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi There my name is sue,and a newbie on here,and wonder if anyone could give me information regarding having an underlaying entitlement to carers benefit,I have been helping care for my mother in law,for quite a few years,I do work,but have recently had to cut my hours to just 12 a week,because she is needing more care,I now earn under 100 pounds a week,so I would be elegible for carers allowance,but my mothere in law,as well as receiving attendance allowance,also gets severe disability premium,If I claim carers allowance she would lose the severe disability premium,which I don't want to do,because she wouldn't really understand,and financially it wouldn't make any difference to us,because we get pension credit and it would be deducted from this,however if I did get an underlaying entitlement,apparantley,it would mean I could claim a 34 pounds a week carers premium on the normal pension credit rate,this would help me with petrol costs ect,for the journeys I have to make looking after her,sorry this is long winded,but I have no idea,how you prove to the pension credit department that I have this underlaying entitlement,I would be so grateful for any advice thankyou
Welcome to the forum. Carers UK have their own helpline to answer questions like this - it's far more knowledgeable on this sort of issue than any staff on a Carers Allowance helpline! Might be worth getting them to check everything possible is being claimed - they made me £50 better off!!