[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
At wits end with smelly 82 year old mum! - Page 9 - Carers UK Forum

At wits end with smelly 82 year old mum!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
84 posts
Scally your right, I read somewhere that dogs can smell cancer, although humans can't smell it. In any case, it would take a very well trained dog to sniff the cancer through the stench my mother gives off!
Tony, the thought occurs to me that maybe the overpowering smell of your mother could be put to good use... she'd surely make an ideal drug smuggler! Image She likes walking so maybe a walking holiday abroad could be self funding... Image

(Sorry, couldn't resist... hope you don't take offence!)

Seriously though, I guess your mother is a bit bored and probably a bit lonely too - maybe others have been driven away by the hygiene issues? In which case she's very lucky that you still make her welcome, despite everything. I can understand why you've caved in for the sake of a peaceful life, but I hope you find a way to reduce the impact of her lifestyle on yours.
Great idea SheWolf, I will suggest it to her although she's bound to refuse, being so uncooperative and stubborn etc. I think the best policy is to tell her she has won a holiday to Thailand and having resisted the temptation to leave her there, consider the other problems of finding a trustworthy supplier and then once past the Springer Spaniel in UK customs, where do you off load it. Can you recommend anyone ?

That was wicked, and I am ashamed. Her sister has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is receiving radio therapy, so she has the added worry that she may soon become even more isolated. C'est la vie.
"Tell her she's won a holiday to Thailand..." Ha ha ha, you crack me up Tony! Image Sounds like you're giving serious thought to this idea and are now looking for ways to make it happen! Image

Seriously though, don't feel guilty at having this joke at her expense - we carers have to get our laughs when we can, it's not being disloyal, just human.

PS: When she brings in her first consignment, will you be offering mates' rates? I wouldn't mind trying some mood altering drugs! Image
84 posts