[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another Newbie - Carers UK Forum

Another Newbie

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi People,

This forum is new to me. I am 26 years old and the sole carer for my mother. My mother was fit and able until May 2012, now she is in a wheelchair and needs help with everyday tasks. As you can imagine, everything is new to both of us.
It will be good to have a place to find out information and advice.

Gemma
Hi Gemma, welcome to the forum. I hope someone has put you in touch with Social Services, so your mum gets support and you can have some time to yourself. Depending on how old mum is, she may be entitled to disability benefits and you might be eligible for Carers Allowance. Money doesn't make people better, but it can make life easier!
Hi Gemma and welcome,

It sounds like you and your Mum have had to accept a lot of change over the last two years. I hope you find the forum supportive.

Melly1
Hi Gemma,

Welcome to the Forum. I am also a full time carer for my Mum. Our lives have changed a lot in the last 18 months. I find the forum a brilliant place for 'chat'.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Sometimes we just need a 'sounding' board for our feelings and other times we need help.

I hope 'we' can all help you!

Take care and remember, you are not alone

Viv
xx