[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another new member - Carers UK Forum

Another new member

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, my name is Cecilia and I have been caring for my husband for a number of years but since his health deteriorated just over a year ago I have become a full time carer. What I am finding most difficult at the moment is dealing with his depression (which has got worse now that he is less mobile and always in a lot of pain) and my loneliness that seems to be part of most carers' lives. I can see how supportive you all are, hope to have the opportunity to do my bit when I can
Hi Cecilia,
I am in a similar position to you and I know how hard it is. My husband has vasculitis which affects his lungs. He became more and more breathless and then at last a drug began to work. On the day he had walked around a hospital and then successfully completed the last of a six week course of exercises for pulmonary rehab I had said how pleased I was that he was so much better. An hour later he had a severe stroke. He will be coming home with carers to dress, wash and toilet him but, like you, it means I can barely leave the house. Like your husband his mood is not always the best for therapy despite anti depressants and he gets so tired. Seeing him despondent is the worst thing for me too.
Have you asked about drug therapy for his mood? Good luck. Sending you hugs. Janet
(((Hugs))) to both of you.

I hope you find a bit of relief on the forum.

Melly1