[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - caring for mum with rheumatoid arthritis - Carers UK Forum

Hello - caring for mum with rheumatoid arthritis

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello to you all, my name is Milene and I care for my mom, who has rheumatoid arthritis.
Hi Milene and a warm welcome to the forum.

Karen
Hi Milene,

Welcome to the Forum Image

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sezzie.
Thanks for welcoming and hope I will get any advice from you guys how to help myself and my mom, as she is not receiving any benefits and I am still waiting for the reconsideration of my JSA claim. So it is hard financially, especially that she needs her medicines.
Hello and welcome Image
hello and welcome
Hi, it is still very difficult to get any help at all. I am looking everywhere, but nothing comes up. I was trying to contact my local CAB for advice, but you need to book appointment over the phone and they do not pick up. I have tried some charities, they either do not reply, they do not help people like us or their current funds are not allowing them to help. I do not know where to look for any help.
Welcome to you Image there are some cab that do a drop in at certain times , It may be good if you phone first thing in the morning , also welfare rights are good for what you require , good luck keep posting . Image
Hi, it is still very difficult to get any help at all. I am looking everywhere, but nothing comes up. I was trying to contact my local CAB for advice, but you need to book appointment over the phone and they do not pick up. I have tried some charities, they either do not reply, they do not help people like us or their current funds are not allowing them to help. I do not know where to look for any help.
Sorry to hear it's been so hard to find help. I'm afraid our Adviceline is only open a couple of days a week but if you contact us - even if you leave a message or send an email - you WILL get a reply and we will try and advise you on the benefits you might be able to claim.

Open Weds and Thurs only (10-12, 2-4)
Call 0808 808 7777 or send an email to adviceline@carersuk.org

Or start here and read this - benefits advice for carers
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... ax-credits

All the best
Matt
Dear Matt,

I have e-mailed the advice line and received a reply from them, but it is not helpful. All I have been told I already know, including that I would have to look for some legal help applying for benefits for my mom. It is very difficult situation, as I believe that she would be entitled for some help as a member of my family, who arrived in the UK together with me.