[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
am new to the forum - Carers UK Forum

am new to the forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Have been caring for my husband who has multiple illnesses coming up to 3 years.he has Dementia Parkinsons COPD blood pressure problems has had heart by pass.
no matter how hard I try there is always something wrong.
Have no life at all and life is bleak.
am struggling to cope now.
Welcome to carersuk forum Patricia. It's a great place to come for support and advice and I do hope you get plenty of both here, and can realise that you are not alone in feeling you have no life at all and life is bleak. I have only been caring for my husband for nine months but it already feels like years and years, and feels as if this is how life will be for me forever.
Patricia, hi, and welcome. You've posted in the wee small hours, and that's usually a sign of a very low ebb indeed. :(

This is a wonderful forum, and you'll find a great mix of both emotional and psychological support and a 'oh yes, we know just how difficult it is!' community, even though we all have a variety of care situations, and also practical advice, and a lot of expertise and experience in how to negotiate the minefield of the NHS and social services etc, how to identify what financial benefits you're entitled to, etc etc, and a lot of practical care tips (eg, things like hoisting, feeding, etc etc etc.)

I hope you find it helpful to you to be here, at such a difficult time for you.

Kind regards, Jenny
Thank you both dealing with the NHS with so many different clinics and medics makes a lot of stress.
any advice will b most welcome.
Are you claiming all the benefits you are both entitled to? Attendance Allowance/DLA; exemption from Council Tax due to "severe mental impairment"? Have Social Services done a "Needs Assessment" for him, and a "Carers Assessment" for you? Has anyone mentioned the "NHS Continuing Healthcare Checklist" to you? These would all be high priority to me. Then look at every single thing you do, write it down in any old order, and work out the three worst things. Maybe laundry, hospital visits, whatever you like. Share these with us, and we may be able to suggest solutions, although we're out of stock of magic wands just now!!