[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Easy to Access Bereavement Support - Carers UK Forum

Easy to Access Bereavement Support

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
I am still strugglying after my friends death, i talked to a crisis line and they suggested bereavement support, i did try and access support last year but it has to go through the GP.

I did ask my GP but there was no referral or anything, i don't think the GP fully understood the procedure , you have to refer a patient to bereavement services.

This all seems so unnecessary, why can't anyone who is bereaved access the service automatically.

Why isn't it arranged by Social services, aftercare for the unpaid carer when their caree dies.

Its just so difficult trying to access help, it shouldn't be like this.

And uses up a GP appointment, why do you need to see a GP?
Londonbound,

GPs seem to be the gateway to so many services, no wonder it's impossible to get a timely appointment.

Sorry you are still having difficulty getting support. If you have info on how bereavement support is accessed, you could print it off and give it to the GP along with your request for a referral.

Melly1
Hello Londonbound, I am very sorry for your loss. There is never a good time to lose a loved one and there are many people out there who are not getting the support they need at this difficult time.
I also lost a loved one and I had been going to a local 'Bereavement group' each week which really helped, but like everything else it suddenly stopped in March of this year. I found out about it in a leaflet from my GP's surgery. So it is worth looking in your local library, community centre and GP's for any info that might help. I did not have to have a referral.
There is also an online Bereavement group called The Sue Ryder Online Bereavement Community.
Hope this helps.
Take care,
Karen D