[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stuff! What to do with it all..... - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Stuff! What to do with it all.....

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
I’ve just received a reply from this charity willing to take unused medical items like unused sealed catheters and bags. They take other items.
Jacob’sWellAppeal: We would love to take the Medical items from you please.
We are a Beverley based Charity based in East Yorkshire and have no infrastructure to collect nationally. We rely on Volunteer drivers.
We rely on the public posting or sending by Courier whatever they can afford to send.
If you are willing to do this (which you said you could), then it's worth looking at MyHermes - you can book through their website & can send up to 10kgs for about £7.00 including collection from your house.
Our address is:
Jacob's Well Appeal
Swinemoor Lane
Beverley
East Yorkshire
HU17 0JX

01482-881162
If social services or company they contract are doing a clean sweep to get all their belongings back talk nicely to them if you want to keep anything. I hung on to a door step for the patio door which has a big drop, a key box and a grab rail in the downstairs loo and by backdoor.
We weren't given anything by social services had to pay for all the equipment ourselfs.
We obtained most of it from car boot sales- walker, toilet frame, disabled cutlery.
So if you know someone who does regular car boot sales, they could sell it and help someone else disabled.

There is also in our town a man who takes essential supplys abroad, relys on donations, food, blankets, clothing, medical items, crutchs, walking sticks anything like that.
I'm locking this thread, the original poster has not visited the forum since December 2015.

Melly1