[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Six Months - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Six Months

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Well Sue. This evening has been difficult. I am missing him so much, and our daughter is moving into her own place tomorrow with the baby, and that will be hard too.Ben and I have sat here really sorry for ourselves, and listened to Ronan Keating singing, "if tomorrow never comes"on youtube and the tears were pouring down my face. Then Ben said he wanted to watch Gareth Gates singing Spirit in the Sky. I have not see this version. Ready for the tears, I got that onto youtube,but he sang it with the "Kumars from no 42", and the whole thing made me smile.It was like some glam rock band in the 70's, just singing and dancing for fun.
Myrtle, you are so right.Cry one moment, smile the next.

Glad you are feeling brighter today Sue x
Hello Lazydaisy,

This time is so painful for you, I’m thinking of you all.

I know what you mean about the music, one of Mam’s favourite songs was Barry White .. First, Last, Everything .. if I hear it on the radio the memory of her is so strong it can make me cry or smile, or even both, like Myrtle said. I’m glad the Gareth Gates clip made you smile when you weren’t expecting to.

I play music a lot, sometimes on mp3 to blast everything else out of my head when I’m upset, I think I’ve said before if it’s loud enough then I can’t think.
Mam used to laugh at the stuff I like to listen to, nobody could beat ‘ole blue eyes’ for her.

Sue xx